Help!! I can not receive messages from people who use iMessage to my Samsung Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

So I recently "grew up" and made the change from Apple to Andriod, purchasing a new Samsung Galaxy S5. I LOVE it! I cannot fault it!! However, I kept my phone number and now I can't receive messages from people who have iPhones that use iMessage. My number used to be associated with iMessage, but I deleted it from all my iDevices (iPad and old iPhone). I also deleted the email that was associated with it, as well as turned the iMessage function off. I still can't receive messages from those who still have iPhones. It makes me regret ever owing an apple product lol In all seriousness though... Help!! What haven't I done?? Is there something I need to do on my Samsung?? Do I need to contact my service provider?? I feel it is probably an apple issue but thought maybe there is something I need to do on the android system.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I recently "grew up" and made the change from Apple to Andriod, purchasing a new Samsung Galaxy S5. I LOVE it! I cannot fault it!! However, I kept my phone number and now I can't receive messages from people who have iPhones that use iMessage. My number used to be associated with iMessage, but I deleted it from all my iDevices (iPad and old iPhone). I also deleted the email that was associated with it, as well as turned the iMessage function off. I still can't receive messages from those who still have iPhones. It makes me regret ever owing an apple product lol In all seriousness though... Help!! What haven't I done?? Is there something I need to do on my Samsung?? Do I need to contact my service provider?? I feel it is probably an apple issue but thought maybe there is something I need to do on the android system.

Welcome to AC :)
That's definitely on Apple's side. Is it from any iPhone or just certain contacts?
I'd suggest telling them to delete your old thread. The phone might still be trying to send it to your iPhone despite iMessage being off

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue as well. Later, I learned I was supposed to turn iMessage off before I deactivated my old phone and switched to my Android.

The only thing I could do afterwards was sign into my account on the Apple website and deactivate all my iPhone accounts. And tell my friends to hold down on the message and send as text. Soon, the phone will send text by default.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem too.

You need to log into iTunes and delete the device profile for your old iPhone.
Within 24 hrs everything should be back to normal.
Your iPhone contacts will see your sms in a green bubble and never see a 'replying' ellipsis...

Belinda Young2

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have just logged into itunes and deleted my number and the email address I have now associated with my samsung, so now I will see what happens! Thank you to everyone who replied!!!! I really appreciate it!!

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I was gonna let you know when I switched I deleted my number from my apple account and still couldn't get my messages. So I called apple. They said it could take up to 45 days for it to fall out of their system. Mine only took a week though.

Posted via the Android Central App

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow Kristi, that's a lot longer than it took for me, two years ago when I jumped the walled garden.

I think it's more of an issue when some people have a Mac or iPad still associated in addition to their phone.

Belinda, I hope it shakes out for you soon!