My new LG G3 is burning through cellular data so fast. Help!!!

A

AC Question

I just bought my new LG G3 today (prior iPhone user) and even though I've loved everything about the phone so far, one thing I'm not pleased with is there seems to be something running on the background that is using my cellular data. I only have 1G of data through AT&T and I've used 154MB today and counting. I know all the new app downloading when you first buy a phone can use up lots of data initially. However I've been checking my data usage by texting *3282# and I swear the phone is still using data even when I'm home on my wifi network. Is there a way to check to see if my phone actually uses wifi when it's available and not AT&T?

Also, how do I check to see what programs if any are running on the background that can be closed? When I used my iPhone, I shut off all apps when i'm not using them and my data usage per month is always well under 300MB. I'm afraid that I might have to give up my G3 if data usage is going to be a big issue.

Thank you for your help!

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You can use Onavo Data Monitor to see what is using data in the background.

In the meantime, until you get it figured out, you might want to turn mobile data off to force data to go through your WiFi connection.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Careful on the photo, and possibly secondary apps are auto backing up your photos. Culprits can be Google Drive, the Photos App, Picasso, etc. Careful of Dropbox too. I think Picasso will update on the cellular, not defaulting to Wi-Fi. Just a thought.

Posted via the Android Central App