Got out of boot loop but what should I do next?

A

AC Question

Hello good people,

So basically I got into a boot loop on my S3 (phone froze, took out battery because nothing else was reacting and came back to a boot loop) and decided to clear Dalvik cache in cwm recovery and it seemed to work, the phone restarted and reconfigured my apps but got stuck on a screen saying something like "preparings apps for use" or something to the sort but after a second of that it would reboot again and the same process would repeat. So I hit the home button during one of those "prepare" screens and my phone booted up just fine.

Now my question is: what should I do now? The phone works but I have no clue why it soft-bricked on me. And if it will even restart next time? Should I install a new ROM or upgrade?

If so how can I keep or backup my game/sms/contact etc. data? I only used Odin before so I don't really know how this works. Also, could I just write a new ROM on top of mine? Would that keep my data on the phone or wipe it all?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The phone did not freeze it was just lagging really bad, you caused the boot loop by removing the battery.
The phone should be fine now but just let the phone do its thing and DO NOT interrupt next time it lags.

DwzLT

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I left it alone for a good 5 minutes before I pulled the battery, this sort of freeze/lag only happened a few other times to me when watching a movie, I would want to pause it but no inputs would register, not the lock button nor the home button. I've had this phone for a good few years now and only seen such freezes three times, just now being the third.

Surely this isn't normal and I can do something to minimize the risk of such freezes? I'm using jellybean and don't run multiple apps at a time so I'm baffled why this happened :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool