Is it possible on HTC one M8 to transfer the apps from the phone memory to the microSD card ?

A

AC Question

i know i can do it with a root, but i don't really wanna root my device so is it possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can move apps to the SD, but keep in mind that you are only moving a portion of the app. Oftentimes, the majority of the app needs to remain in Internal Storage to function correctly.

Alexandros1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can move apps to the SD, but keep in mind that you are only moving a portion of the app. Oftentimes, the majority of the app needs to remain in Internal Storage to function correctly.

So if for example my free storage from the device is 5GB and i downloaded an app that's 1 GB (then the storage on the device is 4GB)then move it to the sdcard will the storage on the device be 5GB again??

Please if yes can you please tell me how Settings> then..? Cause for some reason i can't find it(My first android phone sorry HTC ONE M8)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned above, you can only move portion of the app. So in your situation, your free internal storage might drop down from 5 GB to maybe 4.4 GB, while 400 MB of the app is moved to the external SD card.

Not all apps can be moved. Go to Settings>App Manager>All, pick an app, and see if it give you a "Move" option. If it's there, then you can move part of the app. If it isn't, then you can't.