Accuweather clock full screen animation on Sense 6.0/Htc One (m8)?

A

AC Question

There used to be an option to have the HTC flip clock (the one with the weather that took up the 4x2 section) animate you screen/lock screen. When you woke your phone and it was sunny, rays of sun would dance across your phone. When it was raining, there was a brief shower before a windshield wiper cleared away the "water" and returned it to normal. For whatever reason, I always found these highly entertaining and enjoyable.

I recently upgraded from an HTC Evo 4g LTE to the HTC One (m8), and realized there is no longer an option to enable animation when adding the widget, and it doesn't show up. When I've tried to search and figure out where it went, I'm not able to find any information regarding the animation. Yes, the clock is still animated in that the time flips and the sun changes depending on the weather - but I'm wondering what happened to the full screen/lock screen animations. If HTC scrapped them, any comparable third party options?

rhodyvik

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever find out the answer to your question? Because I'm looking too. I'm running Nova Launcher Prime. After the update today it started to give me animations and then disappeared when the phone went through a power cycle. I am hoping someone reads this too! I'm on a rooted custom ROM (ViperDark 2.5)

Someone please give us an answer 😁

Posted via the Android Central App