Bluretooth on my Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

This phone is driving me crazy. I have searched the answers others are posting but they aren't exactly the same problem. I have had my Galaxy S5 for 3 months and have paired and unpaired to my car several times. I have checked my settings on the phone but I must be missing something. Half the time, I have to manually select my vehicle name again when starting the car. The other half it connects automatically. However, EVERY time I am out of the car and make a call, I have to turn the Bluetooth off on the dialing pad before making the call. Most of the time I don't realize the call is already connected and I just can't hear the other person because the Bluetooth is on. I had a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy 3 before this one and have never had a problem. I could make a call from the car or the house without having to worry about turning something on or off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A general thing to try would be to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

When you leave Bluetooth on and find that you can't make a call, how far are you away from the car, and is the car completely off? Is your car's Bluetooth system factory installed, or is it a 3rd party unit? If it's a 3rd party unit, maybe it's staying on even when the car is off, and if you're close enough to the car when you're trying to make a call, it will still be connected via Bluetooth.