Nexus S

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus S and windows 8.1 - an update recently on windows has made my phone not appear when I plug it in. I have tried system restore and it worked but windows has since updated again and for some reason the system restore refuses to allow me too go back that far ( 1 month) It says it's corrupt. I tried a CHKDSK/R and it says I have no bad files. In my device manager the SOUND/ VIDEO / GAMES CONTROLLER- Bluetooth Audio Device wont start ( has a yellow triangle with an ! ) It says it's code 10. I have tried updating drivers but it says My driver is up to date.
Can someone please help and tell me what I need to either install or what do I uninstall to fix this
I can show screen shots etc
It appears in my bluetooth devices and my printer // devices but not in my COMPUTER (start section) where you have the removable USB and "C" and " D" etc. I plu it in and it is as if there's nothing there. Also- a little phone use to appear on my screen- which doesn't anymore. I know one of these updates has done this- but which one and how to fix it
cheers & thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried this (below) and it doesn't work

1. Unplug Nexus from Computer

2. Go to Control Panel, search for "Device Installation Settings",
a. Check "No, let me choose what to do"
b. Check "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

3. Go to Device Manager
Uninstall device while "Delete the driver software for this device" IS checked.

4. Once that's done, connect Nexus. Does it show up properly?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm puzzled by some of the extraneous stuff in your post. I know you're copying and pasting from one of those other posts, but what's the mustiman stuff? And what is your text?

So when you check your Device Manager, do you see an Acer ADB device listed?

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
hi.
sorry- I did a C&P & thought I removed the person's ID etc
I've tried to post a screen shot - but it keeps saying the files invalid
The link to "how to do screen shot" seems to be for a screen shot of the phone.
(not computer )
I cannot get the computer to agree there's a phone connected and cannot get my photos off my phone.

I'm ready to scream- I've wasted 3 days on this and need to have a break I think - as nothings working

any suggestions - I'm happy to try
cheers :)