Texts received from iphone are all jumbled

namod65

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I did a search of these forums for this problem and it seemed like there was no concrete solution posted. Or at least not from what I found.

But here is the situation. I have the S5 with Verizon. My gf has a iphone 4s with AT&T. All of the texts I receive from her come in broken up and out of order. She says that the same thing happens with my texts. She's really the only iphone user that I text so I'm not sure if this problem is consistent for all iphones. I know that it probably has something to do with the imessage thing on her phone. I tried having her turn on the SMS setting on her messages so that it would send them as SMS when imessage is not available (I'm assuming it's not available when texting me). That didn't seem to work as the last text I got was still jumbled. I previously had an S3 and had the same issue so it's definitely on the iphone end.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to solve it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds really annoying. Have either of you contacted your respective wireless carriers? Although I'll bet both will pass the buck to the other.

namod65

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
She was going to ask AT&T when she went in to get a new phone soon. So we will see. She also has this weird issue with her family group. Her family are all on the same plan. And often when one of them updates their iOS, it syncs their phones up because they all use the same apple id or something. For example, she'll be having an imessage convo with her friend, but her brother will be able to read it all lol. None of my texts get synced though, probably because I don't use imessage. imessage seems like a pain in the *** to me. Why does apple have to be different? I'm guessing this is what's causing our problem as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt