09-13-2017 04:14 AM
30 12
tools Reply
    hi guy,
    I have this annoying problem that my power button stopped from working..
    I downloaded "Piano Keyboard Lite" app and since than I couldn't get my phone to shut by pressing the power button, I had to wait for it to close itself by time.
    now the problem is that I tried moving the battery off and back in to see if it'll fix the problem but it just got worst because now I can't boot my phone
    Now I saw a couple of ways to reset or force restart but they all include the power button so they won't work.
    So HOW DO I GET MY PHONE TO START??
    thank you very much

This just happened to me too. I noticed a few days ago it took a bit of effort getting my Samsung Galaxy S5 to lock using power button then it stopped working yesterday. Scared of paying for a replacement, I started googling for a fix. Luckily, I read about this forum. I noticed a lot of you got their power button back working by taking off the back cover and flicking behind the power button. But I wasn't sure how to flick it. So, I went to YouTube to look for any demontration of the fix but I never seen any. Then, I went to ifixit website looking for it and I never saw any flicking fix for the power button there but I did saw one fix placing a piece paper right on top of the plastic covering the internal of the power button. So, thinking a jamming a piece of paper could do the fix and remembering one of you mentioned a snapping sound. I decided to just firmly press on the plastic covering power button internals, it did snap and then it started working again.
    09-13-2016 02:15 PM
    I had the same problem! My phone died and the power button hadn't been working, so I was stuck for a while. In the past, the problem was with the button being visibly stuck partially inside. That was an easy fix.

This time, however, the button was not stuck. I think there may be a disconnect with the power button. I fixed(?) it by lightly squeezing my case to the part of the phone where the power button is located and held the power button until my phone turned on.
    09-21-2016 06:23 PM
    I go to factory mode instead of download mode........ please help
    10-14-2016 07:40 AM
    You are the absolutely awesome!!!! I had a problem with my power button and i read your post and stopped and looked at my phone and noticed there was a small space between the edge of my phone and the screen. I pulled the edge a little and then lined it up and as soon as I heard the snap, my phone vibrated and turned on!!! I would have never noticed that on my own
    11-14-2016 09:37 PM
    Big thanks to Robert light. Flicking it hard. Did the trick. Worked like a charm
    09-13-2017 04:14 AM
30 12