4.4.4 Errors for Galaxy S4

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 and am having some issues with the 4.4.4 update. Every time I turn on Location, I get a "Location Consent" popup, meaning I have to give consent every time I want to use Google Maps or anything using GPS. I click "agree", but it asks me every time, so it doesn't store my answer.

Also, when using the stock E-mail app, I constantly get "unable to sign in to server" messages. This never happened before the update. I have to use this app for my company e-mail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Location Services consent is normal--any time you turn it back on from being off, you have to accept that agreement.

In regards to the Email issue, open the Email app, tap Menu, then Account Settings, and make sure all of the IMAP or POP3 settings are correct. You'll probably need to double check with your work's IT dept about the proper settings for the incoming and outgoing servers, the security protocol, and the ports. You may want to remove the account completely, then add it back again.

prodasst2011

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response.

For the location issue, I never had to continually agree before the 4.4.4 update. I only agreed once when I initially got the phone. Why has that changed?

I'll try your recommendations for the e-mail issue.