Adding Album Art to Music files..???

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello Guys,

So I downloaded music through TubeMate and obviously it on downloads the audio from YouTube. Though, how can I add the the album art/cover to a specified song or album, so that it will show up when I open my Music app??? Because right now, the default pic is just that blue background with the musical note.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks all!

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try Poweramp. It works for me although I don't have many videos I play.

Thanks, I tried Poweramp and it did download the missing album art but it didn't translate to the stock Music app. I wanna use my stock/native Music app but I can't seem to upload the album cover to any song that's missing it. Plus Poweramp is not free, it was only a trial version.

F111Droid

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
First, it is dependent on the music file format (i.e. MP3, WMA, etc.) and the version of the operating system (i.e. KitKat or later). I encountered two problems with an LG Optimus Fuel running KitKat and Windows Media Player. KitKat limited what could be done externally on the SD card and obviously internally. Windows Media Player assumes that music stored on an SD card will not be displayed therefore, any artwork tagged to the file on the computer does not transfer. I assumed that KitKat might prevent some album cover art programs or MP3/WMA tag programs for operating correctly. To get around the problem with the Music Player, I right clicked on the album folder name on my PC. There was an option for opening the low resolution artwork embedded in the tag on the PC in a photo editor, in my case Digital Photo Professional. I saved one of the four embedded album artwork photos in the exact name of the album, as it is stored on both my PC and my Android's external SD card, in JPEG format. I then sync'd with my android to transfer that album artwork photo into the folder for that album on my android's external sd card. Some displayed immediately within my Android Music Player. For some reason, it was necessary for me to power off my smartphone and power back on before some others would display. The artwork will display within the Android Music Player, but it will not display within Google Play Music, although the music can still be played there. I tried doing the same thing with slightly higher resolution album cover photos from one site, but the Music Player would not recognize those photos. It may be, because I saved my music in WMA, because it performs better at lower bitrates while they are generally equal at higher bitrates. Perhaps, the other photos would have been recognized, if I stored my music in MP3 format.

F111Droid

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I experimented further with transferring Album Artwork and Music Track Data with Windows Media Player to an external SD Card to be accessed by either Google Play or the Music Player App on my LG Optimus Fuel using the KitKat Operating System. I was successful, with 60% of my attempts, in transferring Album Artwork by dragging and dropping the Album Folder, which the selected tracks were contained in. When I used this method, Google Play even recognized all the Album Artwork that the Music Player recognized. Widows Media Player would not transfer the Album Artwork, if I only transferred selected tracks and not the actual Album folder with the Album Artwork embedded. I have yet to ascertain why this method did not work for 40% of my Albums or partial tracks of Albums transferred to my external SD card so far. I have verified that Album Artwork is embedded in each of the main folders for those Albums. It is possible that the Album Artwork for those particular Albums differs in pixel width and pixel height. I have determined that some main folders for some Albums have 3-4 Album Artwork Images embedded whereas others have as many as 5 in various formats or resolutions. Such differences may or may not explain why Google Play and the Music Player does not recognize embedded Album Artwork even when transferred for some Albums. Unlike the other method of simply transferring an Album Artwork JPEG into the Album Folder on the device, this method did not clutter up my Gallery with unintended images.

vinccent de silva

May 22, 2018
Visit site
Player pro fom playstore perfect for album art, there is a trial version but I missed it, so I paid forvthe pro version, Very pleased with Player pro, good sound. When I download from tubemate, No idea why the album art is the same for every song in the sound folder in My Files. Player pro takes care of it, one more thing player pro can also play video. Good EQ included,, If I need more boost I use sound boost from Playstore boost of 20% sufficient for me. Seeing Elvis photo and his songs in playlist and the others so cool

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800