Z1 Compact - Music Album Art keeps being saved in my Photos Album?

A

AC Question

I got my Z1 Compact about 2 months ago, and I quite like it (upgraded from the iPhone 4S). Though I have found that alot of my album artwork from my music gets saved to my Album for photos, and I have to manually select and delete all of the album artworks, which has really begun to annoy me. Does anyone know a way to fix this problem at all?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you attaching the album art yourself, or is it automatically done by your music app? Which music app are you using?

You can use a file manager app like ES File Explorer to go to the folder that contains all of the album art, then create a blank file titled ".nomedia". Make sure you have the period in front of the nomedia name. This will instruct the system's Media Scanner to ignore that folder when scanning for photos and music, and therefore won't include those images in the Gallery.

Tatty5

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure to be honest :( haha. I Just dragged all of the mp3's that I have on my laptop over onto my phone. I just use the Walkman app. Is there a better app to use?

Awesome, I'll try that now. Thankyou so much :)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was asking about your music player app, in case it has some dedicated folder of its own where album art is saved. If so, you'd need to use a file manager and look for that folder, then add the .nomedia file.