Can Not Send Short Numbers Or Codes

A

AC Question

I Have An HTC One PN072 And It's Not Allowing Me To Send Short Numbers Out. I Did Something In My Settings But I Can Not Remember What That Action Was. Does Anyone Know What I Can Do To Stop This And Continue To Send These Short Codes? #PleaseHelp

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about entering numbers if you're on an automated telephone service? Like "Dial 1 to reach customer service"?

anon(9094685)

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh Thank You! Im referring to, when I send a number/code to a "not regular" telephone number or premium number, normaly 5 or 6 digits(if that makes sense)....here's an example, let's say I can get free merchandise if I text send "333333" to "56789"..when I text 33333, the phone gives me the "unable to send" icon. I know there's a setting where I can change this. I just dont know where/what it is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so in your Messaging app, you're choosing to send a text to a new contact, right? So when you start the new texting thread, it asks you to enter the contact name or phone number--are you entering 56789 (as in your example)? Then in the body of the text that you compose, are you typing 33333?

anon(84949)

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I Have An HTC One PN072 And It's Not Allowing Me To Send Short Numbers Out. I Did Something In My Settings But I Can Not Remember What That Action Was. Does Anyone Know What I Can Do To Stop This And Continue To Send These Short Codes? #PleaseHelp

I had the same issue on my S3 on Sprint. A call to customer care resolved in in a matter of minutes.

saratheu

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I have this same question - my HTC One has never been allowed to send messages to a valid short code. Therefore, if I want to reply STOP to unsubscribe from a brand's text messages, I cannot. I would suspect that this is not in compliance with the SMS spam laws in the US, since SMS must be permission based, and consumers must be able to opt-out of marketing messages. I do not see a solution for this issue in this thread.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance