Pure Android on S4

Varun Vajpeyi

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I recently got a Samsung S4. To say the least I don't like the "Samsung Elements" on the phone. I would like to remove, not just hide, but completely extricate all of it and just have a pure Android OS on my phone. Can this be done on a model SCH-I545. I viewed there are apps to give the experience but I prefer not to use that either.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I recently got a Samsung S4. To say the least I don't like the "Samsung Elements" on the phone. I would like to remove, not just hide, but completely extricate all of it and just have a pure Android OS on my phone. Can this be done on a model SCH-I545. I viewed there are apps to give the experience but I prefer not to use that either.
The only way is to root the device and install a custom ROM if one is available. Have you taken a look at XDA to see if there is anything available for your model S4?

Varun Vajpeyi

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
No I haven't but I don't know what I should be looking for exactly either... It poses another question. If I root now, will it be easier to install Android L or should I just wait until a Android L Root is developed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac