Earphones connected keeps popping up?

U

Unregistered

About 10 minutes ago, I started having the "earphones connected" message popping up repeatedly on the information bar on the top of the screen, and now it's constantly on so I can't hear any phone calls through the speaker. I looked it up and keep seeing posts about this correlating to water damage, but I've had my phone for about a month and it hasn't been anywhere near any liquids. I've tried soft resetting, and am reluctant to do a full reset. It's a very annoying issue as the lock screen keeps popping up and won't stay off. I've tried blowing into the jack and can't see any obstructions setting it off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Have you shined a strong flashlight into the jack to make sure there's nothing in there? Does the problem persist after a reboot? Have you tried doing a factory reset?

allydes

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I own a brand new s5. I shined a light into it and couldn't see anything in there. The problem persists directly after the phone turns on after a reboot. I don't have a computer to do a backup on so I don't really want to do a factory reset. Is it possible it's a software issue? I have full insurance on this phone, but I'm just wondering if it's an issue that can be fixed without taking it in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's more likely to be a hardware issue. You could try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem persists, then it's likely a system or hardware problem. The other thing to try would be a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data. Both instructions can be found here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

If nothing works, I wouldn't waste too much time, and just bring it in for a replacement.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You could use can air and see if there is something lodged. If there is no apparent damage, you have perform the recommended steps in this thread, and it still does not work, then it should be a warranty replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

PrinceKai

May 8, 2019
Visit site
When i was doing an animation I started to say "earphones connected" and I didnt have any earphones and now it keeps popping up and it's stuck like I'm wearing earphones. Help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22