what is the best battery saving app for Motorola Droid Mini ?
    09-21-2014 01:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would caution you about using battery saving apps, because some of them can be counterproductive, and perhaps cause more problems than they solve. Some battery savers claim to work by killing tasks in the background, but this can actually increase battery use, since those apps typically start again in the background (because that's how Android works). I'm sure there are some battery savers that work fairly well, but probably by automating things like turning radios (cell, mobile data, or wi-fi) on or off depending on criteria or schedule.

May I suggest reviewing this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html
    Welcome to Android Central! I would caution you about using battery saving apps, because some of them can be counterproductive, and perhaps cause more problems than they solve. Some battery savers claim to work by killing tasks in the background, but this can actually increase battery use, since those apps typically start again in the background (because that's how Android works). I'm sure there are some battery savers that work fairly well, but probably by automating things like turning radios (cell, mobile data, or wi-fi) on or off depending on criteria or schedule.

May I suggest reviewing this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html
    09-21-2014 05:37 PM
    The best battery saving apps are probably Greenify and Wakelock Detector. Find out what's waking the phone and Greenify it. The more the phone sleeps, the longer the battery life. Turning off all the radios (wifi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data and GPS) that you aren't using and keeping the screen off as much as possible (and, when on, as dim as you're comfortable with) are two other measures that save battery.

An app sitting in RAM - which is what those "battery saving" apps prevent - doesn't use battery, so killing them doesn't save battery. An app actually running does use battery, but if Android needs what that app is doing to be done, it's going to run the app, whether you kill it or not. (The phone wouldn't work if it couldn't.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:14 PM