Need help with storage on Samsung Galaxy S4

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, running 4.4.2. I have 16 Gigabytes of internal storage, and a 64 Gigabyte MicroSD Card. I only have one gigabyte of available space on the internal memory. This is only because I spent all morning clearing it. When that free space gets down to about 300 MB, I can no longer install apps. Is there a way that I can make everything store on my MicroSD card? It seems like such a waste to have a large card and not be able to use it much. I know that you can move files using My Files, but it never works smoothly; I select all files and Move to SD Card, but it always stops transferring part of the way through. Please help me, I really need it.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are transferring files, and it stops part ways, you need to explore the possibility that it is the SD card or worse case the SD slot in your S4. Take your SD Card out of your S4, put it into a USB reader. Copy all you files to your laptop. Then reformat the card IN your S4. Then take SD Card out, back into USB reader and copy your files from the laptop to the SD card. Put SD back into phone. Try and copy files from internal memory to the card. If it pauses and stops again, try a brand new formatted SD Card. Still happens? Back up your phone (either through carrier supplied apps like Verizon's Cloud or download Samsung Kies to laptop and use that to back up, or some app that meets your needs in the Playstore) then Factory Reset. After Factory Reset, New card, and it still happens? Take it to your carrier for warranty or insurance replacement verification. Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma