Unfortunately app has stopped working

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I have a dell venue 7 running android kit kat 4.4.2. I use an app called youku (a video streaming app) but it has suddenly stopped working. The "unfortunately youku has stopped working" message pops up randomly and when I try to open the app.

I've tried:
1. Clearing the app cache
2. Clearing the app data
3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
4. Reformatting the tablet

I've tried the app on a phone running the same os and it works. I also tried the app on a tablet with an older version of android (think jellybean) and it works. So I'm not sure what the problem could be, could it be a problem with my tablet?

Actually I just bought this tablet for my mother and it is one of the few apps that she uses so I would really appreciate any help as I have run out of options.

Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be that the app doesn't work on that hardware running that version of Android. Not all compilations of all apps work on all Android devices on all versions of Android. (The problem mostly shows up with an app not installed directly from the Play Store, since the Play Store sends the device the correct compilation for that device running that version of Android, if the developer set things up correctly.) Contact the app's developer for assistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995