someone help

J_well94

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung S5 and I need to know how to clear the history on the Google widget search bar. I've seriously tried everything.

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Open Google Now (like tap in the search box), Menu button, Settings, Accounts and Privacy, theres on/off switches for history, delete items, etc. You can also go to the last item (search engine storage) at the bottom, and scroll down and choose "Clear now".

You should also be able to disable suggestions there, which is why I'm assuming you want to delete the history. This will stop the search bar from suggesting items from previous searches.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
One other link said you could long press on each word you want to delete and delete them individually that way. Then you should be able to disable auto fill in the settings to prevent them from returning. I looked at my history just to see but I have it disabled via my Google account on the web. Even trying to view it, settings took me to the web so maybe you didn't go far enough or were looking for something else? I couldn't try the long press thing because I have no searches to delete.

On a side note I remember doing this because every time I logged in to Google to check gmail at work my history would pop up and even though I wasn't looking up nefarious things at work it was making my history available. They already know too much about me.

Posted via Android Central App