Is my s3 locked?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have an s3, from my sister. I have put in my O2 micro sim but there is no signal. My sim is working okay, i have checked with o2. Could it be locked? There is no warning or display saying anything, just i have no signal.

I have however, noticed that there are three Vodafone apps on my phone that were not on there before it went to a mobile fixing shop. It wouldn't turn on when i got it so it had to be fixed.

Thanks, Kate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain that specific S3 model is compatible with the O2 network? It depends on which wireless bands it can receive. The phone's IMEI might also have to be placed on O2's whitelist. Did you mention the IMEI when you talked to O2?

katevarewdee

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i mentioned the IMEI number to O2. They just said it had never been linked to my account, but that's because i hadn't used it much before it broke.

My sister and her ex both used this phone with o2. I am totally confused, this has been ongoing for about a month now, i have no phone and can't afford to buy one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where did your sister get the S3 from originally, Vodafone? Try calling them as well.

Edit: Never mind, I just realized that you already said it was with O2.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you bring the phone into an O2 store and show them exactly what the problem is?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital