Why am I getting the error message Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)?

A

AC Question

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

For the pasy few months my HTC One won't work with my laptop.I'm running Android 4.4.3 with HTC Sense 6.0. For no apparent reason the phone just isn't recognised at all. I've tried running it through HTC Sync but it doesn't recognise there's a phone connected so I've also tried manually installing drivers but it fails because Windows can't identify what the device is to install the drivers. Instead all I get is the error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

More recently I've tried changing the build to developer as this has apparently worked and doing system restores on both the laptop and phone but even that hasn't worked.

Can anyone suggest anything? I'm not particularly techy so apologies if I've missed some detail here but this is driving me mad!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Pretty sure this is a Windows problem, not one on your HTC. Here's what I'd try: (I'll try to keep it simple. Since I don't have Windows 8, here's how you do it on Win7 Home. I imagine you should be able to figure out what to do if you're on Windows 8)

Plug in your phone. Go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager.

Look for anything that resembles your phone. It may be called "Mobile Device" or "HTC" or something similar. Keep your eye on it, and unplug your phone. If it disappeared, that's the one you want. Plug your phone back in.

Go to that item (whatever your computer has called it) and right-click on it. From that menu, click uninstall device. Unplug your phone and reboot your computer. Might as well reboot your phone as well

Once they're all powered up, plug in your phone again. Hopefully this will solve your problem. Good luck!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams