Why is the battery on my Samsung S3 draining rapidly?

A

AC Question

Samsung S3 Battery draining rapidly

I have an S3 and within the last month and a half it suddenly started using mass battery quantity.
It is not always looking for internet as i am at work and have that function turned off.
I did however screenshot the battery usage and it seem the Android system and O.S. were excessive
I am open to any and all suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S3 Battery draining rapidly

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Matt Apo

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung S3 Battery draining rapidly

Welcome to AC! I definitely agree with the suggestion by B. Diddy. What I might also suggest is you using an app called 'Better Battery Stats'. Unfortunately, it IS a paid app (Think around $3 now?) - but does provide the most comprehensive information about your phone's battery usage. This includes information about what kernel and partial wakelocks are taking place (basically what is 'waking your phone up to do work'), along with a number of other useful features. You can share your results here and I/someone else can review them and comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR