Are there any ports/lookalikes of the old iPhone music player I can use on the S4?

A

AC Question

I've seen a few youtube videos of old apps running on Android systems, some people saying they worked, some people with tech issues. Not very reliable information.

I know there was something called "Hi Music" that looked good. I found a copy of that even though it's not on the Google store anymore. Does that work?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for being entry-level. I've used the iPhone music player for, what, 6 years now and I just don't wanna feel out anything else at this point.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can, but you'd need to find the older version APK file (the installer) and 'sideload' it onto your phone (install by authorizing the 'unknown sources' option in the Settings). Of course, there's no guarantee that the app will work with your version of Android or your phone's model if it's too old.

And remember, paid apps should not be downloaded like this unless the APK comes directly from the developer. We don't encourage piracy here :)

LanePratley

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Alright. That was my question. Set up an account finally.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone can vouch for Hi Music or another iPhone-equivalent app on an out-of-the-box S4. I have no intention of pirating anything, I just don't think that app is on the store anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome