Why is my rooted HTC One M8 so much slower than before?

A

AC Question

- I have the HTC One M8 and I bought it in April.

- Device is rooted and has been since July.

- I am running the ViperOne rom currently and have been since July.

- Xposed framework is installed and has been for about a month. I have been downloading modules throughout then and now.

I started noticing this problem only a few days ago. Sometimes my phone's animations will get really slow and I experience vibration delays when I press the home key etc. My keyboard takes a long time to pop up when i tap on a text box. Also, sometimes I turn my phone on and then off quickly (on and off within like 3 seconds) and then my phone screen won't turn on again when I push the power button. However I can tell that the phone itself is turning on and off internally, but the screen just remains black. I usually just restart the phone if this happens.

When this happens there's usually about 1.4 GB of RAM used. I have no idea what is causing this problem. This is a fairly new phone. Is it my rom? Is it xposed framework? Is it a module I am running? Should I just restore my stock data and start all over? How should I get my phone to function normally again, like when I bought it new only a few months ago?

Any help is appreciated. Let me know if you need to know anything else. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx