A question about what to do with the Galaxy S4 I just bought?

A

AC Question

A question about what to do with the Galaxy S4 I just bought...

Okay, so here's the story... I have am old S2 Epic 4G on Virgin Mobile at the moment, but a problem as arisen with the power button, so long story short I have it fixed for now after opening it up for the third time. But just to be safe, I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 online, and just received it today. So the original plan was to switch to Ting, but the thing is, Ting as of right now, only supports the regular non triband version of the S4. Turns out that in the item description online, the seller listed it as a regular S4 (SPH-L720). SO as of right now it's a paperweight.. The ESN on the phone is clean and has never been used as it's new, and I was wondering if I can do anything with it as of right now without having to go through the hassle of returning it. However I've never liked the idea of a 2 year contract and a lot of these major carriers are kinda pricey on the monthly charges. Does Sprint offer anything that I can use this phone for that isn't a contract and is around $40/ month? Or even if there's another carrier that would be compatible with this phone that might have something looking into? As I don't have much money, being a college student with an apartment, working a part time job at minimum wage, haha.

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Brandon Boldman

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: A question about what to do with the Galaxy S4 I just bought...

Any ideas? As I think the phone is locked only to Sprint for about a year. But I don't think they have anything where you can bring your own device and not be on a contract.

Brandon Boldman

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: A question about what to do with the Galaxy S4 I just bought...

Any ideas? As I think the phone is locked only to Sprint for about a year. But I don't think they have anything where you can bring your own device and not be on a contract. Or if anyone knows how I can find a non-triband S4, since I can't seem to find any that are clearly normal versions. I've just been comparing UPCs and MPNs from listing on eBay and can't really see any that don't have a UPC ending 5175 or a MPN that isn't SPH-L720ZKASPR.

Please help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm