HTC one M8 why is cache from Sky saving in photos

A

AC Question

Basically whenever i use the Sky sports app any photos on it save in my photo album as cache. I know how to delete them but its getting annoying had 700 the other day!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Gallery or Photos app will show any image saved in storage, regardless of the folder, unless there is a ".nomedia" file in that folder. Smart coders will include the .nomedia file, but some just don't think about it. You can add one yourself--use a file manager app like ES File Explorer, and create an empty file called ".nomedia" (make sure to have the period in front) in the folder that you want the Gallery to ignore.

If you still see those images after creating the .nomedia file, then go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Those images should now be gone.

AlphaCity7

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same issue so followed your instructions. The issue now is that as soon as I created the .nomedia file all photos in gallery disappeared, including my personal ones. Any ideas? Does this mean that that all my images are deleted? And if not how am I able to see them?

Gavin

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It means that you put the .nomedia file in the root folder of all your pictures. Delete it from there and create it in the folder that has the pictures you don't want to see. (The file doesn't delete pictures, it just tells Media Scanner to skip that folder when scanning for pictures.)

AlphaCity7

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response! I have deleted the .nomedia file from the root folder and created a new one in the folder that contains all the sky sports app images. My gallery is still not showing any images so does that mean the media scanner is not scanning for pictures? Thanks for your help on this.

bpbrookes

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my gallery saving random pics, but mine are not in one folder they are all in there own folders. I've resorted to pressing hide folders every other week but im guessing they are still taking up space! Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke