Why is my battery life draining so fast? (gpio_kp wakelock)

A

AC Question

Greetings,

since couple of weeks ago my battery life has been exhausted, with minimal usage on my ZTE Blade G i dont get more than approx 16 hours of battery life. I studied what could possibly be the case, so i started with programs like GSAM battery, betterbatterystats and such, and there I learned a lot about wakelocks. Since the beginning of my quest to determine and fix this problem there was a certain wakelock called "gpio_kp". This wakelock uses my CPU approx 95% of the time, and make my device 100% awake, all time, which destroys my battery life. I tried everything from tweeking certain apps, settings, removing and reinstaling applications, I even installed another stock ROM, wakelock detector, even app called "Unbounce" that requires xposed but there i couldnt find "gpio_kp" wakelock. So i unbounced a lot of wakelocks but still "gpio_kp" remained.

Atm as i write this to you, completely helpless, craving for salvation my Betterbatterystats shows this on Kernel wakelocks:

"gpio_kp" 2h 46m 31 s Cnt:(c/wc/ec)0/0/0 98.5%
"powermanagerservice" 1m 24s Cnt:(c/wc/ec)494/0/0 0.8%

as u can see gpio_kp uses almost 100% time of the cpu... while second on the list is only 0.8%.. Looking forward to some answers and solution, i googled a lot about this, and didnt find any solutions, maybe this could be ground braking android wise.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I think gpio_"KP" is the key pad function. I would assume its always running because the phone needs to know when you hit the power button to turn on or off the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34