My Samsung Galaxy s5 is 1 month old, I have a black screen can anyone help?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy s5 is 1 month old, i have a black screen please help

I did remove battery for 1 hour...I did switch my power off.....I was looking at my service provider statement that came though on my msg.....while clicking on the statement the screen went black....please help thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s5 is 1 month old, i have a black screen please help

Couple of the basics here, has the phone taken a fall, have you noticed the phone heating up during charging or at any time, or has the phone been wet or in a humid environment? Honestly it sounds like your LED/LCD has gone out for some reason. The three I've asked about are the most common. Being only a month old I wouldn't think it would have been over used to the point of failure however it is possible that there was a defect in the screen from the mfgr. I would take it in to your provider the phone even without insurance is still under warranty as long as you didn't get it wet. They will usually even warranty them if they have been dropped without insurance.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s5 is 1 month old, i have a black screen please help

Something I just thought of, do you think it's working and the display is just blacked out? The reason I ask is because there is supposed to be a safety to prevent it but could it be that the brightness is set really low. Try shinning a bright light at the light sensor on the front of the device, if auto brightness is selected it should cause the display to brighten up maybe enough for you to get into the settings and try to adjust it manually. It's a long shot for sure but worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma