Anyone have any suggestions for a good map program?

A

AC Question

looking for suggestions on a map program

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's an android map program that will allow me to import custom points of interest from a .csv file or gps file? I work on cell towers for a living and I have a custom list of sites as they have to be located by lat and long. The list I have allows me to punch the site ID into my GPS but my GPS is acting strange. Any help is appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: looking for suggestions on a map program

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's an android map program that will allow me to import custom points of interest from a .csv file or gps file? I work on cell towers for a living and I have a custom list of sites as they have to be located by lat and long. The list I have allows me to punch the site ID into my GPS but my GPS is acting strange. Any help is appreciated!
Most sites should be assigned a physical address for maintenance, and or billing purposes. You could input those addresses into Google Maps and save the locations as places. That may be one option if nothing else has come up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: looking for suggestions on a map program

You can put the cell designation (any way you like - "tower by Best Buy", "tower number 5", the lat and long) - into MyDirections-Google Map ext. Then you have a Contacts-like app to choose (and edit) your locations. When you choose to navigate to one, it runs Maps with the lat/long as an argument to Maps (even if you put in a street address - it finds the lat/long and stores it). It makes Maps almost a good nav app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21