KitKat 4.4.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 "other" Downloads Failed on retry...where info?

A

AC Question

KitKat 4.4.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 "other" Downloads Failed on retry. I accidentally deleted my entire Download folder and as it was located on the phone itself and not the SD card, I have not figured out any way to access the phone's internal memory to try to recover the deleted data, since the phone will not mount as a drive.

I did notice that the Downloads app has two categories: Internet Downloads and Other Downloads.
It keeps a history and there is an option to retry if a download is now missing, so it can be replaced. This has worked with the Internet downloads, which are downloads used with the stock Internet browser.
However, I use Chrome most all the time and had accumulated many downloads from there, that all went into the same Download folder on the phone's internal storage.
The odd thing is that when retrying downloads from Chrome, they fail. Every single one. They are all in this Other Downloads folder. Since the phone for some reason puts Chrome Internet browser downloads in that category, even though they end up downloading into the same Download folder.

Is there any way to make these downloads work and not fail? Some are just from today. Some are older. It doesn't matter...they all fail. Yet older ones downloaded from the stock browser do download even after the actual downloads were deleted, no matter how old.

The Downloads app does not give url's for the downloads, yet keeps them all in history. How do I actually located the url paths?
Where is the info located for this history of downloads?
Is there any other way to access Chrome's download history? Within Chrome there is browsing history, but I can't find Chrome download history.

I have tried two download apps, but they don't seem to do anything. Are there any download apps avail. at the Play store that actually access any of this information and could redownload old downloads?

Is there any way to get the deleted folder back otherwise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21