How can i install a APK without native file explorer ?

A

AC Question

So recently i have reset my phone and formatted my SD card, little did i know that that would erase ALL the apps exept the system ones, so now i dont have access to anything exept camera phone messaging etc.

Ive tried to install an apk of the app store but after i download it i cannot install it because i have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S so i dont have a native file explorer and i also cannot install one because i dont have the play store app installed.

What can i do to fix my situation ?

Thank you in advance, sorry for my english i am not a native speaker.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to have the phone in my hand and experiment to give you a definitive answer, but try this:

Download a file browser. Go to Settings/General/Developer options. (If you have Security and About device,with no Developer options item between them, see Enable developer settings ) Turn on USB Debugging.

Connect the phone to a computer. (If it wants to install the drivers, let it. Or you can go to Sony eSupport - Drivers & Software Updates to get the Sony driver files). Run ADB on the computer. (If you don't have ADB installed, see Mini-SDK ) Give it the shell command. Navigate to where you downloaded the file browser apk file (use the cd command. If you don't know how to use it by now - it's the same as the Windows command of the same name - there are hundreds of websites that will show you all the tricks) and run the file. (Just type filebrowser.apk, or whatever the file name is.) It'll run the installer (which is the default app for apk files) and install the filebrowser.

You can use the same method to install anything else you need to make resetting the phone easier. (I'd download and install App Backup and Restore first, then put all the apk files in its backup folder, then install everything by running App Backup & Restore, but you do what's easiest for you.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz