Saved photos disappear after I delete original message in gmail

shootist16

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a htc m8. Lately if I save a pic from Gmail, it shows up in gallery and photos. I delete the original email and after awhile the saved file disappears. The files are being saved by default to /storage/emulated/0/Download.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a htc m8. Lately if I save a pic from Gmail, it shows up in gallery and photos. I delete the original email and after awhile the saved file disappears. The files are being saved by default to /storage/emulated/0/Download.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
When you receive photos through Gmail be sure to download the images. If you don't, then the images are being saved as "cached" files and are likely be cleared. There should be an option in Gmail to save or download.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd move the images from /Dowloads to a subfolder in /DCIM (which is where digital images are supposed to be stored - it stands for Digital Camera IMages), That way if your /Downloads folder gets cleared, you don't lose the image. (It doesn't matter to a Gallery-type app - there's a database of all pictures, audio files, video files, etc. (media files) in the phone that gets updated any time anything changes, and is rebuilt every time you turn the phone on or rebuild it, so the app will see the picture no matter where it is.)

Weggman Hillard

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
After downloading them, copy them to a different folder - then delete them from the download folder.

This problem is not been corrected yet? Probably for good reason. Clearly receiving Email on your phone is nothing short of an abortion, compared to a normal computer Email. Gmail is trash. Phone manufacturers and phone companies compete with the internet. They know that the computer has them beat long ago, so they have been doing everything they can to keep the none experts guessing. They have done a very good job of this and made themselves a lot of money. Let me repeat : GMAIL IS TRASH! Everything about Gmail is done wrong. Why it can't operate like simple old "firefox"' program is not a mistake. To bad so many people are held captive to the technology. Otherwise there would be a lot more people ready to sue Gmail (google).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci