How can I get back my deleted messages and deleted contacts on my Samsung Galaxy Y for free?

A

AC Question

how can a get back my deleted messages and deleted contacts on samsung galaxy y for free

i by mistakenly formatted my samsung galaxy y mobile and lost all my contacts and messages. please help in getting back those things for free.please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can a get back my deleted messages and deleted contacts on samsung galaxy y for free

Welcome to Android Central! How did you mistakenly format your phone? It's not a one-touch procedure--you have to confirm that you want to factory reset or format your phone after some prominent warning messages.

If the messages were in the stock Messaging app, then they're gone. You could try contacting your wireless provider to see if there is any way to recover messages from the server. If they were on some other 3rd party messaging service like WhatsApp, then they might have the messages in their server as well.

If the contacts were stored in the Phone Account, as opposed to your Google account, then they're gone too. This is why users should strongly consider saving their contacts to their Google account, because if you accidentally format your phone, the contacts will still be in the cloud.

jatinpatel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: how can a get back my deleted messages and deleted contacts on samsung galaxy y for free

Hi,
I am trying to retreive my contacts from my phone memory and about to use Android data recovery software from data recovery android dot com and check if this will scan my phone. For some bizarre reason due to technical unknown reasons once I rooted my phone and stalled cyangeon rom I can only see contacts from last month and not last week. So I am going to find a way to check if I can view my phone contacts.
hope this helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Contacts stored in the phone are stored in a database. The database file isn't deleted, so deleted file recovery software won't recover anything. If the database hasn't been compacted, you can use a SQLite editor to find the 'deleted' field and update all contacts to be not deleted, then delete the ones you really don't want.

If the contacts were Google contacts, go to Google Contacts - More/Restore contacts, and you can restore any contacts deleted in the past 30 days. (It'll send you to the old site, because as of 2 minutes ago, the Restore function wasn't working on the new page yet. Same thing on the old site - More/Restore contacts.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech