Can anyone tell me how to root my android?

A

AC Question

Can anyone tell me how to root my android.

I have an Apex tablet model #TM785CH. I just bought an external hard drive for it, but the hard drive is formatted for Windows. I found an app at google play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paragon.mounter) that fixes that issue but my device must be rooted for the app to work. Also, I found an app that is supposed to root my tablet but it is an .exe file and I don't know how to run it.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can anyone tell me how to root my android.

Before I say anything else, I will say this.
1) Rooting WILL void your warranty. Period, end of story, no further discussion about it.
2) Because there are so many different Android devices out there, almost each one requires a different way to achieve root, and this is especially true of older or less common devices.
3) if you try to root your device and you do something wrong, you might just permanently wreak it. It's called "bricking" and for good reason. Your once expensive and smart tablet is now about as useful as a brick. No, I'm not kidding. Sometimes you can still recover them, sometimes not
4) Read, read, read, and then read some more about what rooting is, what it does (and does NOT) do, and all the risks involved.

OK, now that I've said that, I can't help you root your device. I'm just not familiar with it, sorry. However, it sounds like youve been doing your homework already and found an app that will root your phone. Since it's an .exe file, I'm pretty sure you'll have to run the app on Windows with your tablet connected via USB. Don't take that for advice or directions! I just know that the only time I come across .exe files is in Windows. Find out more about that app/program, and read the instructions for it. Don't just go plugging stuff in and clicking around - bad things will happen, trust me!

Good luck with everything you've got planned. I think it would be easier to use a file manager program on your computer to format the portable hard drive to the correct file format, rather then risking attempting to root your device. I wish you much success!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can anyone tell me how to root my android.

1) If that's the only reason you want to root your phone, plug the drive into your computer and format it - as FAT32 (or exFAT if it's too large for FAT32). Then the phone will be ble to read it and write to it. All current operating systems can use FAT32 (or exFAT if the drive is large enough) drives - that's the "universal format".

2) Dancing-bass didn't make it sound as bad as it is. Running some root programs can seem to run and root your device, but all sorts of strange things happen later on. apps stop working, other apps work, but not correctly, files just disappear. If there's an update, your device won't update. It shouldn't - the update updates the stock device. Updating a device that's not stock can brick the device and even cause hardware damage.

If you're still determined to root the device, try Towel Root. It's an Android app that runs on the device, it roots at the Linux level so it's pretty device-agnostic (it'll root almost any Android device) and it's clean - it doesn't leave garbage behind. The device still won't upgrade, though.