I am totally a newbie on phones. I have so many facebook pictures that I have saved on my phone that I thought were automatically backed up. However, the only pictures that were automatically backed up were photos I took and some other things. All my facebook photos will be lost in la la land if I can not somehow save those pictures. Can someone walk me thru this. Like I said I am totally a novice here. Thank you in advance.
    09-30-2014 08:53 AM
    Can you see th pictures if you get on facebook with the new phone?

If they're not still on Facebook, and the old phone is totally dead (not just a broken screen or something like that), the pictures are gone.

Always back up anything you don't want to lose to at least 2 independent destinations (like a laptop and a cloud account). Old computer saying - if it's not backed up, you don't need it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-30-2014 10:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! These Facebook photos that you saved--were they your photos, or posts from other people? If they were photos in your own Facebook album, they should be easily available on the web.

How is your current Nexus 5 broken? Does it turn on at all, and only have a broken screen? You might be able to gain access by using this technique: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html. Do you know if you moved those saved Facebook photos to a particular folder? If you never moved them, it can be tricky to find where they were downloaded, because it isn't the normal Downloads folder. You need to look in the folder called /storage/sdcard0/com.facebook.katana/fb_temp/.
    09-30-2014 10:42 AM