How do I get the screen back during a call?

A

AC Question

Get screen back during call - Moto G

Current member on a 'break '. (M-4, account disabled)
Waiting to be put through to a real person in an automated call to a government dept, on speaker, 10 minutes plus, phone laid down.

I try to get the screen back up. You can't! I tried twice. Lost 10 minutes and 15 minutes of holding.

I have really not used my recent Moto G much for calls. Samsungs only previously.
The screen times out while waiting, fine, I touch the screen, it's locked, fine. I touch the power key like on a Samsung (no Home key) the call is ended. I try again, wait 15 minutes, try volume buttons, no effect.
I try the proximity sensor by holding it close to my ear.
I touch the power button quickly, still ends the call.

Basic requirement. How do I do it on a Moto G?
Sorry I can't reply with a disabled account. Many thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Get screen back during call - Moto G

There's a setting to end the call with the power button (Phone/Menu/Settings/Answering/ending calls/The power key ends calls.) Uncheck it.

You could also use something like Tasker to make the screen timeout 30minutes (or 2 hours or a day) if the phone is the active app. Putting the screen to your ear will still blank it out, but it won't time out. Tapping the power button will turn the screen on and off. As soon as another app is the active app (the Exit task in Tasker for that task), change the screen timeout back to your normal timeout.