I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon. I have searched a bunch of forums and I understand that it is common for the ringer to have a annoying ascending volume feature that starts quite and gets louder. My phone however does not do this. It starts out with low volume then ascends louder and then immediately descends lower again. It repeats the low and high pattern making any ringtone including a basic bell ring impossible to decipher. Other users in other forums have asked my question too, however it was only addressed as a ascending volume issue. This is a fade in and out, or "ascending and "descending?"" issue. I tried the Disable Increasing Ring app, no luck (lol prob cuz mine decreases just as much as it increases) I tried some of the suggested fixes from other forums including a Macro to keep volume up on MacroDroid. This is a cool phone and I am new to Android, I feel like a moron for not being able to get something this trivial fixed but it's starting to drive nuts. Pllllllllease can you help me?
    09-30-2014 05:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem with no luck. I'm thinking of switching it out for a new one.
    10-29-2014 11:06 PM
    Update: I figured out what the problem was. I had my phone set to answer on voice commands. Once I turned that off, the ringer returned to normal.
    11-01-2014 02:17 PM