Is it worth it to repair my HTC One M7?

AlexanderTheMeh

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
So currently I have a couple issues with my HTC One M7. I probably bought my M7 around March 2013 (release date). I've dropped my phone many times, without any problems, but this time, I have dealt it its final blow. After dropping it from a 4 story stairwell, the good news is that it is STILL FUNCTIONAL. I am very impressed by the HTC build. However, in the process, I have cracked my screen, the glass that covers the camera, and there are now four coloured vertical lines running down the screen. Near the top of the phone, there are around 30-40 vertical lines, with part of it just completely black.

I'm not a guy who is super intent on getting the latest tech, but seeing as the M8 has come out, I have been considering whether or not to repair my M7.

Overall, my main concerns are these:
Does anyone know if the damage to my M7 is repairable? If so, what is the cost? Is it still worth it to repair the M7 then? I am very like my phone (not many pieces of tech impress me so!) so of course I would prefer to keep my M7. However, if the cost is very great, I would gladly retire my M7.

NOTE: I am a samsung hater. Please do not suggest me to buy a samsung galaxy. (I've had some very bad experiences with samsung products ex) very bad quality and disgusting design)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably fixable--sounds like you need a new screen and lens glass. My guess is that it might cost around $150. The M8 is definitely a nice phone, so if you're willing to spend $150 to fix your current phone, you might be better off upgrading.

Bring the phone to a repair shop to get an estimate--then you can make a better decision.