Can anyone help me find a phone that meets my needs?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I Can't Find a Phone That Meets My Wants

So to skip the long text, here are the facts:
I have the old moto x and I love the software, but I hate the camera and the battery. The battery down to about 30% with 2 hours of light use (fantasy football, internet browsing, email). I need something that can last me from 6:30 AM to maybe 12 AM (for weekends) and I don't really play a lot of games on my phone. I really want a good camera as well. Finally, I would like a phone that has around a 4.7 inch screen (similar size to the old Moto X). Any suggestions?

BTW here is the order of priority
Battery>Camera> Size> Software
P.S I am on ATT

E Murray

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: I Can't Find a Phone That Meets My Wants

I used to be very battery conscious when I had my Samsung Galaxy SIII. I purchased an extended battery and case and could go 2 or 3 days without charging. My point is that when you shop for your new phone, shop for available accessories also. You may end up sacrificing one need for another otherwise. Take a look at the Samsung "mini" line up. Many popular flagship phones have a mini model. Ex: Galaxy S4 Mini, S3 Mini. Also, look at the S5. That would be at the upper end of your size requirements, but comes with decent battery life, replaceable battery, extendable battery and a good camera. Also it has KitKat 4.4.4 installed and AT&T sells them reasonably inexpensive on a contract.
Hope this helped.
Good luck

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I saw that and I really liked it but I heard the battery wasn't too good.

I am consistently getting 4 1/2 hours of SOT. When at work I get a little less but I don't have good signal. And if you're ever in a pinch the ultra power saving mode will get you through. Also the battery is removable so you could carry an extra battery and pop it in.

arun ammineni

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Check out the Sony Z1 Compact. As per the source the battery backup is great. And camera is great. Once get through it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

deadboy42077

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

So to skip the long text, here are the facts:
I have the old moto x and I love the software, but I hate the camera and the battery. The battery down to about 30% with 2 hours of light use (fantasy football, internet browsing, email). I need something that can last me from 6:30 AM to maybe 12 AM (for weekends) and I don't really play a lot of games on my phone. I really want a good camera as well. Finally, I would like a phone that has around a 4.7 inch screen (similar size to the old Moto X). Any suggestions?

BTW here is the order of priority
Battery>Camera> Size> Software
P.S I am on ATT
Oppo find 7a or find 7

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

I consistently get 7 1/2 to 8 hours of SOT on the S5. Best phone I've ever used and the camera is amazing.

tap'n on my S5

cj2566

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I have the M8, s-off'd of course. I run stock with a few exposed mods. I currently sit at 17hrs, 4.5hrs SOT, with about 40% left at 11pm. Excellent battery, great camera (for MY purposes, YRMV), Boomsound is second to none, FFC is outstanding (I vid chat with my daughter).
I have had every MAJOR smart phone released since the Droid Razr in 2011, and this is by far my favorite!