Can anyone help, either cyanogen mod or AOKP messed up my service?

A

AC Question

Either cyanogen mod or AOKP messed up my service. HELP!!

Okay, so I have a sprint galaxy s5 klte. I'm usually pretty good with rooting and flashing and all that for a while but i have never come across a problem like this. I have done my research and no body else has the same problem, nor did there solutions work for me. As I remember I was on an AOKP nightly build. I went to regular cyanogen mod official nightly and now I have absolute no service. No matter what ROM I am on I have only searching for service, EXCEPT that AOKP rom I had. I can flash that and still have service. It is the only ROM that will work I've tried pretty much every other aosp based ROM. My sim card works I switched it with a friend and he still had service. Now I have tried all kinds of different solutions that I've read and only one seemed to have any affect. Flashing a different kernel if I flash a ROM It will only say "Searching for Service" then it would say no service. Then I flash ktoonsez kernel for AOSP and TouchWiz I will have working data. The part I need help with it I still have no mobile network only data! I do the *#*#4636#*#* and under phone info my network type is sprint but my GSM service is Emergency Calls Only... HOW? I want my service back I cannot text or call while I have LTE. If my data goes to 3g my GSM service said I have service and I can call and text but only on 3g and the majority of the time I have LTE. My sim card is fine. My MEID is there and matches my phone. The only one that works is the nightly I downloaded for AOKP and nothing else. Only that build to not a newer build. I don't understand. Can someone help I have been searching for days.

cajunaggie87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Either cyanogen mod or AOKP messed up my service. HELP!!

It sounds like the AOKP Rom that works for you is the only one with the correct radio. Sometimes flashing a ROM also changes your radio, which would affect your service. Make sure the other ROMs are meant for the Sprint Galaxy S5. If they were made for an S5 on any other carrier, they will more than likely not work on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital