How do I transfer to an sd card?

A

AC Question

transfer to sd

I bought a Samsung galaxy S5 wand then an SD card only to find out that Google has made it impossible to move almost all of my apps.
Samsung has confirmed the change since Kit Kat 2. I have 4.4.4.
Even photo bursts are going to storage where I am running out of room? I went to Play to install some programs and my own email programs and,yes they too are held in storage. Samsung said it is hoping that Google will release its hold on the storage sd card issue. They are so paranoid they are sending me back to Target to get the Windows phone with Cortana.
Please try to initiate some petition or group escalation to Google so they will release a patch for the sucker behind me who is not aware of this paranoid tactic. I hope my SD card fits the Windows phone but I'll get away from Google at any cost after this final proprietary goof. This is an attempt at security and a very poor one at that- it is insane.
Thanks for your help.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: transfer to sd

I bought a Samsung galaxy S5 wand then an SD card only to find out that Google has made it impossible to move almost all of my apps.
Samsung has confirmed the change since Kit Kat 2. I have 4.4.4.
Even photo bursts are going to storage where I am running out of room? I went to Play to install some programs and my own email programs and,yes they too are held in storage. Samsung said it is hoping that Google will release its hold on the storage sd card issue. They are so paranoid they are sending me back to Target to get the Windows phone with Cortana.
Please try to initiate some petition or group escalation to Google so they will release a patch for the sucker behind me who is not aware of this paranoid tactic. I hope my SD card fits the Windows phone but I'll get away from Google at any cost after this final proprietary goof. This is an attempt at security and a very poor one at that- it is insane.
Thanks for your help.

End of the day Google believes in using Cloud storage as your means for backing up photos, media, etc. As for apps, yeah that is a bummer but as B. Diddy explained below its been a back and forth topic for some time and Google has basically put their foot down. They have left code in place for OEM's to utilize SD CARD usage but its very limited.

Hey could be worse.. Look at Apple, they won't even consider expandable storage options like SD CARDs.