Should I buy a Nexus 7 (2013) or a laptop?

A

AC Question

I am a student and I need to do the following:

1. I MUST access the Internet using an Ethernet cable. I know that the Nexus 7 (2013) has some issues with it but they are probably resolved.

2. Browse the Internet (heavily), manage my Chrome bookmarks, work with websites/apps like Duolingo, Evernote, Pocket, Drive and other Internet Stuff. I need to view some websites in the same manner as they appear on the desktop/laptop because not every website has its app on the Play Store.

3. Create, edit and view MS Office/Libre Office content like documents and slide show presentations.

4. I also intend to learn Latex and prepare professional documents using Latex. So I'll need to work with a TeX app which is actually good enough to use.

5. Music and movies are quite obvious.

6. I'll also need to host a website on local server (like we do it using WAMP/XAMPP) and edit the php and other files of the website and see the changes in a browser. I don't really intend to do any serious programming though.

I am also thinking that the NVIDIA Shield might be a better option than the Nexus 7 right now but the Shield hasn't been released in my country. I can, however, import it using Amazon.
Can I perform the above written operations on an Android Tablet such as the Nexus 7 or the Shield (without encountering too many issues) or is buying a laptop probably a better option for someone like me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18