Why cant i disable my lockscreen?

A

AC Question

Why cant i disable my lockscreen

I have tried and the option is greyed out. I've cleared credentials cleared admin privelages, i have no vpn networks, cleared dalvik cache, fixed permissions, and i have uninstalled foxfi. Not sure what the problem is and i need to get this fixed.
I am On a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi X19

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why cant i disable my lockscreen

Welcome to Android Central! So you just want the phone to wake to the homescreen, without even a slide to unlock? Is the phone encrypted? If so, you have to have some kind of password or PIN. If not, go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see if there's anything besides Android Device Manager checked there. Uncheck them, then see if you can disable the lockscreen.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

I have tried and the option is greyed out. I've cleared credentials cleared admin privelages, i have no vpn networks, cleared dalvik cache, fixed permissions, and i have uninstalled foxfi. Not sure what the problem is and i need to get this fixed.
I am On a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi X19

Is you phone connected to your work email? I think they can set a policy whereby you MUST have a lock screen PIN/password.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is you phone connected to your work email? I think they can set a policy whereby you MUST have a lock screen PIN/password.

Interesting! It'd be good to confirm this, for future reference. This issue is not an uncommon one on the forums.

FastV8

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

So I ran into this issue this week. While I don't have a solution, I am working on a theory.

My theory is that my phone has been tricked into thinking it is part of a corporate network, hence the issues i have. I lost the mobile data button in the pulldown menu. after a hard reset, when I go to encrypt my phone, I have to select the keyboard method and it only sets the unlock pwd not encrypt the phone. My security is all turned off by default too.

Earlier this week I found my network was comprised. Altered were my routers, 2 pc's, 2 android tablets, 1 kindle and now I believe both cell phones. I'm not saying any or all phones having this problem are compromised but you might want to check your networks/pcs/phones. Examine your services and firewalls to see what is running, disabled, allowed. My kindle (and I believe my phones) have the ability to have cameras and misc remotely operated.

I'm confused as to why the phone doesn't return to normal after the hard reset. I have noticed the system update icon in the notification window before any data is downloaded via WiFi/3g on the initial boot after a hard reset. My guess is the corporate network config is being applied at that time to alter the phone.

Hope to piece this together some more tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish