How do I dictate a message into an LG G2?

A

AC Question

I have an LG G2 on T-Mobile and I want to be able to use something like the google voice that I can use to search for things, to dictate an email into my yahoo email. Or if not into there, I want to be able to dictate into something where I can then get the text out later. But even though I've searched and it looks like that google microphone should show up on the keyboard, I can't find it anywhere on my keyboard in any program or app. I want to be able to dictate notes on a project after I leave a site, without having to swipe type it all into an email or having to take handwritten notes and then come home and type it up. Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm sure there are various voice dictation apps available, but what would probably be easiest would be to install Google Keep (a nice notetaking app), and when you want to take a note, tap the microphone icon in the app and start dictating. It has a widget as well with a microphone icon, so you could tap it from the homescreen and start dictating a new note. A nice feature is that since it's closely integrated with Google Drive, your notes get automatically synced to the cloud, so you won't have to worry about losing your notes.

To search using voice, either tap the Google search bar's microphone icon, or long-press the home button until the Google logo appears, then swipe up to open Google Now. Then say, "Ok Google," wait for the speech prompt, then speak your search terms.