Why do all my music apps stop playing on Samsung S5?

A

AC Question

I have tried the Samsung app and downloaded Rocket Player just to try another and my music will stop in the middle of the song, then start up, then stop again. There is no other apps running at the time, no text messages or anything coming in to interrupt it, makes me CRAZY! Please help. I love listening to my music on my phone but this is just not working.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are the saved music files located? Internal Storage or external SD? What you describe has been mentioned before, and it's never quite clear if the problem lies with the external SD card or with the act of transferring a music file from computer to phone via USB. Unless you downloaded it from the web, that is.

newlyblonde

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My files are stored on external SD card. Never had issues on my past phones and doesnt happen all the time and not always with the same song or in the same place on each song. Just randomly stops (even though the arrow still shows it's playing). I will hit pause then then play again to see if it restarts...sometimes this works, sometimes not.