Why does my phone keep shutting off randomly?

A

AC Question

My phone keeps randomly shutting off if I go on it too much, even if the battery is only at 80% or so. It seems to be getting worse, and I only got my phone this summer. When I plug it in to charge it, it goes right up from 0% back to what it was when it shut off very quickly, and works fine when it is charging but I can hardly take more than a few photos or text someone before it shuts off now. Help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Batteries can be faulty even new out of the box, so the fact that yours is only several months old doesn't mean that it must surely still be good, as most of us would tend naturally to think. I'd say that the battery is the first thing to check.

It may also be worth performing a Cache Partition wipe, or even, if your personal data is backed up, a Factory Reset. You'll find instructions for both online, for whatever your device is.

Posted via Android Central App

seaksea

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
My samsung galaxy 5 will be fully charged and randomly shuts off. The charge goes from 80% to zero instantly. Can you identify this problem. I have noticed from reading on line that others have had same issues but I have not seen a solution for this. Please advise. Thank you

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My samsung galaxy 5 will be fully charged and randomly shuts off. The charge goes from 80% to zero instantly. Can you identify this problem. I have noticed from reading on line that others have had same issues but I have not seen a solution for this. Please advise. Thank you
Welcome. :)

I can't identify it, no, but does it persist in Safe Mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae