How do I transfer information from my old phone to my new Verizon Moto G?

A

AC Question

how to I transfer information from my old phone to my new verizon moto g?

I haven't been able to do it phone to phone or manually

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to I transfer information from my old phone to my new verizon moto g?

Welcome to Android Central! What was your old phone?

Data associated with your Google account (like contacts, calendar events, emails, etc.) are easy, because they sync automatically with the cloud, and will sync with your new phone automatically as well. You just have to make sure all of your contacts in the old phone are associated with the Google account, and not the Phone account (the same goes for your calendar events). Phone account contacts don't sync with anything, so you'd have to export these contacts to a .csv or .vcf file, and then import them into your Google Contacts.

Photos and other media can be copied to your computer (and should be, since you ought to backup this kind of data regularly if you don't want to run the risk of losing all of it unexpectedly). You can then copy it over to the new phone via USB.

Other kinds of app data can be trickier. Some apps will sync with their own servers (like Facebook), but others only save data locally. You can try Helium to backup your app data, and then see if you can restore it to your new phone.