How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem on my Nexus 7 (2012)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

How to Fix "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem" - Nexus 7 (2012)

Hello,

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (unrooted, running stock android). Until about a week ago everything was fine, but then errors started popping up. In particular I would be told that some app had stopped working and also receive other error messages saying that "unfortunately google play services has stopped"; this latter error began popping up more and more. After some googling I found that this was a somewhat common problem (or common enough to have multiple threads for different devices here and elsewhere online) and some potential means for resolving them. Unfortunately, nothing I tried succeeded in stopping this problem (i.e. rebooting the device; rebooting the device and clearing the cache via system recovery; clearing the cache and data from google play). I finally did a factory reset on the device. When it finished and I started the device up again and was prompted to sign into my account I was immediately hit with warnings that Google Drive, Email, and Gmail services had stopped. I sign in and I start getting the google service error again. Google Chrome also fails to work at all now (prior to the reset it would work, now it starts up and almost immediately shuts down; gmail also does not work, although google maps does).

I have also tried shutting off Google Sync on my account (since the reset) as another thread suggested that might be the problem, but shutting it off does not help ...although something does appear to be wrong with sync - when I go to my google account it says "sync error" under my account name and the message "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" is provided at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on the account I see all the services that are supposed to sync; currently they are all checked and everything appears to be synced, i.e. they all say 'last synced' with a period of a few minutes ago, with the sole exception of "people details" where there is an error symbol. Unchecking people details does not resolve the issue. that google sync may nevertheless be at issue is also suggested by a threat on justanswer that I found on this problem where someone with the same error posted about it someone suggests that it is likely a google server issue with the solution being to get google to shift the account to a new server. (this may be particularly relevant since I did recently move overseas, although this problem only emerged several weeks after that)...but I do not know how to check that or resolve such an issue if it were the problem.

I also an android based phone , but the problem has not really shown up there (although I did notice the same google service error the other day, it appears to have been an isolated issue).

Does anybody have any insight into how this issue can be resolved?

ZubairAnwarKhan

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Here are three tips, try one by one & see which one works for you.
I tried the 1st one and it worked for me.

It can happen to your Android smartphone that you will receive the following message:

"Google Play services has stopped"

Most of the time this problem occur when you try to change a setting within the Android operating system. We would like to give a few tips here that can fix it and thus these errors will no longer show up on your smartphone. Since the cause of "Google Play services has stopped" is not always clear for you have to try these tips sequentially. We hope that one of our workarounds also fixes your problem with "Google Play services has stopped"

Tip 1: Empty the Cache of the system app Google Play services

Navigate for example on a Samsung Galaxy S6 in the following submenu:

Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Application Manager --> tab "All"

Search here for the entry "Google Play services". Tap it once to display detailed information about this app on the screen of your smartphone. In this window, you will now find a button with "Clear Cache". Tap on the button, so that the cache is flushed. Then restart your Android smartphone.

Tip 2: Reset app preferences:

For this re-open: Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Application Manager --> tab "All"
Now tapat the top right on "More" and then in the small menu on the "Reset app preferences". Finished!

Now restart your Android smartphone so that the changes take effect.

Tip 3: Remove Google account and add it again

Open from the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy S6 the menu and then the Android settings. Scroll down and then tap the button "Accounts". You will now see all the accounts that are created on your Samsung Galaxy S6. One of these is the Google Account. Tap on this and you go deeper in a submenu. You can tap now your e-mail address, and then in the next submenu on the top three-point symbol to the right.

A small pop-up opens, in which now "Remove account" can be selected. Confirm the deletion of the account by clicking OK. Finished!

Then replace the Google Account again on your Samsung Galaxy S6. Go to Settings --> Accounts and then "Add Account". Now select "Google Account '. It now opens the wizard to add the Google account. Enter your email address from Gmail and then continue. Your Google account will be created automatically.

Tip 4: Perform Wipe Cache Partition

As a last tip we want to recommend you the Wipe Cache Partition. This option clears the cache of your smartphone. This article describes the procedure by using the Samsung Galaxy S6.

(the above text has been copied from: solvemix. com/ index. php / android-smartphones / 604-google-play-services-has-stopped-what-to-do

The original content belong to the link mentioned above (As I was not authorized to post any links, I have included the spaces in intermittent in the URL. Those who need to visit the original article please copy paste the URL in your browser and remove all the spaces. All credits go to the original author, I have just mentioned the content here so that people should be able to solve their problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

fab_pancake

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same trouble on my nexus 4. First I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play store and then uninstalled the updates for Google play services. Now everything seems fine.

To uninstall the updates, go to apps->Google Play Store?Google play services-> Uninstall updates

I'm not able to do this.... It's greyed out. Any other solution?

ReblDebl

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I received this error message out of the blue. Logged into my Gmail account through another device, found out there was a security issue. Changed my password and voila! problem solved instantly. What a mess! I reset it to factory defaults for nothing lol.

OUBA

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I cannot use my google store and I cannot even find google play service in my apps:confused:
I try all of above solutions but it doesn't help:'(

:'( I cannot sign in my google account
it said there was a problem communicating with google servers and try again later... I don't remember how many times I've been tried.....

I'm not able to do this.... It's greyed out. Any other solution?

Did u solve the problem??

DARKLORDZZZ

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
hi, my google play services has crashed, and i cant find google play services in app section, google play store is there, but when ever i open it , it flashes and close, all of my play store apps has disappeared , please help..i am using note 3

Last edited:

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have hct desire 620g. My phone is rooted. By mistake I deleted google play service. Then I install google play service by downloading apk file. Then I got my google play service has stopped. By this I could not log in google account via unable to log in play store.

CVAngelo

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
hi, my google play services has crashed, and i cant find google play services in app section, google play store is there, but when ever i open it , it flashes and close, all of my play store apps has disappeared , please help..i am using note 3

Remove your Google account, then restart your phone. Sign into your Google account on a different device...such as your laptop...and make sure there are no security problems. You may even try changing your account password. Then, add your Google account back to your phone.

burttley

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Fixed Google Play Services Pop-up

The message was popping up every second for me (I would push either "report" or "ok" and then it would pop up almost immediately again). I fixed it by trying the following and the last one finally seemed to fix it:

1) forcing stop on all google play service apps
2) apps > google play services > "Clear Cache"

Also, if you haven't done so already. Make sure to modify your google play services permissions to whatever you think is comfortable. Good luck fixing your pop-ups!!

Joshua Sulwer

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
disabling google play services worked for me. I disabled everything google that I didn't want, like hangouts, google games, google books, google movies, ect. I'm pretty sure it was just the google play services app, but there was a few with a similar name, I disabled them all, resetting the phone wasn't necessary for me. Wish I would of known this earlier, did a factory reset a few months ago when it did this the first time of having the error message 100 times a minute.

THANK YOU!!!

AlexiSusi

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
One reason why Play services may crash is missing app permissions. This is probably mostly present in custom roms. My ASOP had blocked all request by Play services by default, but you can fix these in the settings -> apps -> Play services -> permissions.

thetattookitty

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I have a m7 HTC One. It was working fine but I got an upgrade so I factory reset the m7 (to give it to my husband) and now I keep getting the " google play has stopped" coming up. I can't get passed the start up bit, it allows me to sign into Wi-Fi but won't go passed that. We have reset it again several times using power button and volume down but still the same. As I said there was nothing wrong with the phone before the factory reset.
Has anyone had experience with this ? Thanks.

dkern11

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I can maybe help...go to Manage Apps, then to Google Play Store, then Clear Cache. That actually fixed the problem for me. I also done the same to Google Play Services, just in case. You may have to do it twice with GPStore, as I did. I truly hope this helps. Lmk if you will? Have a great evening! D. Kern

Oh and I forgot that I also went into Manage Apps and then Reset Defaults. So if the 1st suggestion doesn't work, try that too...I sure hope it works for u too, doing either/or, or both. Bc I'm not sure which one for sure made mine stop receiving that same message, but doing one or both made mine start working fine last night ; )

Ok ty. Think I figured it out last night, but taking shots in the dark. Not sure which wrked to solve my problem outta 2 guesses I made, but its working now lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

AstroNerdBoy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to Fix "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem" - Nexus 7 (2012)

I was only seeing this on one game I played, but then it spread to all the games I play. I tried every solution I saw in this thread, including resetting my Google password, but nothing has worked. *_*

Update: I uninstalled ALL Google Play Service updates and it started working again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.