Lenovo A526. Is it possible to root it?

A

AC Question

It has an android 4.2.2 unfortunately lenovo does not seem to have any updates and has abandoned the phone. Now i want to upgrade to a kitkat.
Build No. of the phone A526_ROW_S031_140306.
I am not sure what other information on the phone you guys need. But just ask and i will provide.

christianavi

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I am a Lenovo A526 user, too. The only way that worked for me is rooting via Root Genius.

1. Go to Google or any search engine you prefer then search for Root Genius and download it.
*I can't post links here yet so you'll have to use your search engine.

2. Once you've downloaded it, run it as an administrator, otherwise, it may not work.

3. You'll be asked to connect your device with your USB Debugging enabled. Enable it and connect your device.

4. Wait for the program to detect your phone and once it has detected it already, select Root.

5. Wait for the process to finish (it may take some time, so patience is needed). When it's done,
reboot your device.

6. After you reboot your device, check your app drawer for an application called Kinguser (root management app).

7. Optional. Download Root Checker app for you to verify root access.

Enjoy! This worked for me, just yesterday. So it should work for you too!

Wellly Valentin

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I am a Lenovo A526 user, too. The only way that worked for me is rooting via Root Genius.

1. Go to Google or any search engine you prefer then search for Root Genius and download it.
*I can't post links here yet so you'll have to use your search engine.

2. Once you've downloaded it, run it as an administrator, otherwise, it may not work.

3. You'll be asked to connect your device with your USB Debugging enabled. Enable it and connect your device.

4. Wait for the program to detect your phone and once it has detected it already, select Root.

5. Wait for the process to finish (it may take some time, so patience is needed). When it's done,
reboot your device.

6. After you reboot your device, check your app drawer for an application called Kinguser (root management app).

7. Optional. Download Root Checker app for you to verify root access.

Enjoy! This worked for me, just yesterday. So it should work for you too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34