Why doesn't the sound play on my phone unless I have my headphones plugged in.?

A

AC Question

Sound doesn't play on my phone unless I have my headphones plugged in.

I have a Galaxy S2 and recently I found out sound doesn't play on my phone unless I have my earphones plugged in.

I cleared the cache, removed all running apps, rebooted several times, took off the battery waited for 15 mins and then restarted again, but all with no success. I even tried cleaning the earphone port like someone suggested, but no luck.

I can adjust all the volumes either in songs settings or phone settings, but sound is not coming out.

Can anyone help me out in this scenario. I do not hear sounds even when playing games.

Please help me out

Thanks in advance

jphlips1794

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sound doesn't play on my phone unless I have my headphones plugged in.

Your phone thinks that you headphones plugged in. Inside every headphone jack is 2 little ball bearings that enable sound to run through your headphones when they are plugged in. When you have no headphones plugged in, the BB's are at a set position so the phone knows that they are inactive. When you plug in the 3.5 mm headphones though, the crown on the head of the jack will push the BB's aside and hold it in place, setting them as active. The BB's in your headphone jack are displaced from use. If you have a Bluetooth speaker, connect your phone to it and play something. If you don't have a Bluetooth speaker go to the store and pair it with a car stereo there. I garuntee it'll work them.
It's just the BB's in the slot, stuck in headphone mode.

Posted via the Android Central App